Open the SW update app on the phone to download the update.
- Improved still image quality
- Improved video quality
- Face detection added
- Red-eye removal added (Nokia note: “this is image processing which removes the red-eye. You need to be in red-eye reduction flash mode for it to be operational. Other flash modes it is disabled as there is a small shot to shot impact due to the extra image processing.”)
- New focus point indication – this shows where in the scene the camera is focussing
- Improved Close-up focus. (Nokia note: “As a result you will find in most situations you can focus much closer than before. The new focus point indication will also help in confirming which part of your subject is used for critical focus checking”)
Significant bug fixes to:
- Music store client
- Ovi Maps (including faster calibration of the digital compass)
- Here and Now
- N-Gage client
- Nokia Messaging
Additional changes & screenshots :
Ovi Contacts is now pre-installed (to the ROM) & the standby plug-in has also been added.
An OVI standby theme has been added. The Ovi Contacts plug-in is available via this theme. To disable the Ovi Contacts plug-in, use the Horizontal icon bar theme.
Face detection feature for Image captures.
My Nokia app has been updated to include a Tips History section.
Ovi Store client has also been included in the update, but it is an older version from the one which became available for download from the store last week. The version included in the firmware is not as responsive and fast as the downloadable version, though sadly, you can’t download the newer version now.
Also, an Ovi splash screen has been added when you start your phone for the first time, followed by a prompt to check for updates.
The guys at AAS are also reporting that Automatic VoIP re-registration has also been added.
After a hard reset, the C: drive showed around 70MB of free space & there was 63MB RAM free.
Although UDP will ensure that your data is intact even after the update, I would recommend you hard reset your phone and start over a fresh. If Music folder icon reverts back to the default folder icon after the update, a hard reset will bring back the Music folder icon.